NBank is the central development institution of Lower Saxony and supports the state in fulfilling its public duties. It may also serve as the development institution for other public administrative bodies, as clearly stipulated in Section 5 of the NBank Act of Lower Saxony (Gesetz über die Investitions- und Förderbank Niedersachsen − NBankG).
Strict observance of non-discrimination
NBank strictly observes the principle of non-discrimination with regard to other financial institutions. Our collaboration with cooperative, private and savings banks proceeds − in a manner that is neutral as regards competition − in accordance with the customer access mechanism. NBank’s business transactions focus on the canon of development areas as defined by the “Verständigung II” agreement.
Diverse remit for NBank
To fulfil its mandate, NBank is active in the following areas:
- The safeguarding and improvement of the SME structure of the economy, especially with regard to providing financing for business start-ups and consolidation
- Financial support for social housing
- Provision of risk capital
- Structural development of cities and municipalities
- Infrastructure works
- Measures related to agriculture, forestry and rural areas
- Measures related to environmental protection, technology and innovation
- Measures related to social, cultural and scientific matters